“A Taste of the Southern Ocean” Penguins, whales, dolphins, seals, albatross – the wildlife is as amazing as the weather is daunting. Visiting the Falklands, South Georgia, the Antarctic Peninsula and the southern tip of South America was the trip of a lifetime. Following in the footsteps of Shackleton, weathering three Force 11 storms, marvelling at glaciers and icebergs, we discovered why the world’s most remote cruising ground is such a magnet – and why not to go there by yacht!
Please order meals before 7 pm (latest)
No need to book – just come along. The talk starts at 8pm.
The Squibs have been in closely fought action all season and you can now find all the results here https://hpyc.com/squibs/squib-results-2016/
A big congratulations to Rebecca Hind for taking her 4th consecutive win in the Lady Helm Series this year on board Sequel! New challengers needed for 2017!
There is still time to bag yourself a 2016 trophy with September’s Bamford Bowl or October’s Captain’s Race, so get yourself over to the west side of the marina to take part. All the dates for your diary are here: https://hpyc.com/squibs/squib-calendar-2016/
Moody Bloo Sky
Calling all Cruisers – Come and try racing because as we all know one yacht is a cruise but two yachts is a race!
Lightships 6 Race Series 2016 Wednesday 25th May to Wednesday 29th June
* This fun Wednesday evening series of races is aimed specifically at Cruising Yachts with white sails, no spinnakers and lightly crewed.
* Start at 7pm and finish in time for a beer and a chat in the Lightship.
* Entry forms and handicap forms can be found on www.hpyc.com and should be sent to email@example.com but Race Officers Des Cowan and Pete Martin are happy to take entries on the night in the Race Box.
Combined Clubs River Series
* This series of Saturday races though the summer is also aimed at Cruisers. Anyone can join in at any time but if we can raise a team of 3 HPYC yachts we can race for the Evening Star Trophy.
* Each race is hosted by a different club. Make a note of August 13th when HPYC are the hosts.
* Entry forms etc can be found on http://www.pmsc.org.uk/index.php/sailing-and-social-events/sailing/combined-clubs-races
Come along to the Members’ Evening on Friday. Current and new members welcome also anyone who is interested in joining HPYC. Light refreshments will be served.
The sun was shining and the spinnakers were flying in yesterdays 3rd Blue Lady Salver race. Congratulations to Bob and Joe in Eyas 393, for their winning performance. It is still all to play for in next weekend’s trophy finale!